FAQs (frequently asked questions)
What is the application process?
- Apply via either the Moroccan or International Delegates Application. If you are a full time student in Morocco, apply via the Morocco application. If you are studying abroad or visiting Morocco, apply via the International application.
- The official application deadline is Sunday, September 17. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply sooner rather than later. Spots will fill up!
- If you are accepted, you will receive a confirmation email and link to register. If you are not accepted it is likely because you do not meet the application requirements listed below. Note it may take up to 4 weeks to hear back from us.
- If you need a visa for the conference, begin the process of applying for one (see below for more info). When you are approved move on to step 5. If you do not need a visa you can move directly to step 5 upon acceptance.
- Register for the conference and join the MCC17 community!
What are the application requirements?
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old at the time of the conference (November 16 - 19, 2017).
- Applicants must be college/undergraduate university students. Graduate students are accepted only under special circumstances.
- Demonstrate a commitment to social change work and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Where exactly will the MCC17 take place in Rabat ?
The MCC17 will rake place in Rabat . More specifically in EGE school and OCP policy center in Al Irfan . You can find detailed directions to the venues here .
When is the deadline?
- Application priority deadline is September 17, 2017
- Registration priority deadline is September 23, 2017. Registration fees are $99, Millennium Campuses students have the access to the conference for free.
- Final application deadline is November 1, 2017
- Final registration deadline is November 5, 2017. In this case registration fees will rise to $119, Millennium Campuses students will still have the free access to the conference.
Please note that your payment is not refundable after you complete your registration process.
Do I need a visa to visit Morocco?
Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to visit Morocco if they plan to stay less than 90 days:
Algeria - Andorra - Argentina - Australia - Austria - Bahrain - Belgium - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - China - Republic of Congo - Croatia - Cyprus - Czech Republic - Denmark - Estonia - Finland - France - Germany - Great Britain - Greece - Guinea (Conakry) - Hong Kong - Hungary - Iceland - Indonesia - Ireland - Italy - Ivory Coast - Japan - Kuwait - Latvia - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Mali - Malta - Mexico - Monaco - Netherlands - New Zealand - Niger - Norway - Oman - Peru - Philippines -Poland – Portugal - Puerto Rico - Qatar - Romania - Saudi Arabia - Senegal - Singapore (Singaporean nationals may stay up to one month without visa) - Slovakia - Slovenia - South Korea - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - Tunisia - Turkey - United Arab Emirates - United States of America - Venezuela.
All other countries do require a visa. Learn more here.
What are the costs involved?
- Registration fee: The registration fee is $99 for International delegates, unless you belong to a Millennium Campus. The first 4 delegates from a Millennium Campus have their registration fee waived. Subsequent delegates receive a 10% discount and priority for scholarships. Want your school to become a Millennium Campus? Fill out this interest form.
- Travel, lodging, food: We can not promise any meals through the conference. We will be arranging lodging packages with local hostels and will post on this website when they are finalized. Important note: travel, lodging, and food are not included in the registration fee. Some scholarships may be available for those with financial need.
- Other costs: Visas, snacks, activities, and any other internal travel (taking buses, taxis, etc) beyond the conference.
What happens at the conference?
Keynotes, workshops, networking, debates, opportunities fair, exploring Morocco -- and much more! We will be posting the agenda on this website soon. In the mean time check out last year's agenda to get a sense here.
What are the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
The SDGs were launched at the United Nations in 2015 as an updated guide global development after a highly successful Millennium Development Goals that were launched in 2000. MCN uses the SDGs as a framework for social impact work. Learn more here.